Frequently Asked Questions
Once you place an order on the Meenta Marketplace, your order will be processed within 24 hours during the business week. Once the order is processed, we offer: standard shipping (up to 3 business days) or expedited (next day after the order is processed). We use a customs broker for shipments outside of the USA.
No. Unfortunately, due to factors like the pandemic, extreme weather, and shipping delays, we cannot guarantee shipping time. After order fulfillment, shipments are fully in the hands of our shipping partners.
We work with the best shipping carriers in the country and pick the best shipping option for each order. An order must be placed before 2pm EST on a business day in order to be received next day. Due to pandemic-related issues, all shipping carriers across the country are experiencing delays right now. We’re constantly working with our shipping partners to look for ways to improve delivery times and give you a better experience, so we appreciate your patience!
No. These products are regulated medical devices and as such, we cannot accept returns or resell test kits once they have been delivered. We cannot provide refunds for expired tests, so we encourage customers to check the expiration date of your product upon delivery.
As medical devices, all tests have an expiration date associated with their lot number. Upon receipt, please check the expiration date of your test. The manufacturer of each product indicates the expiration date on each test kit. If you do not see an expiration date on your kit, please call or email Meenta Customer Success at email@example.com or 888-204-5303.
We suggest using Google Chrome on all Meenta platforms. To create an account on Meenta Marketplace:
- Go to meenta.io
- Select desired purchase items and ADD TO CART
- Click CHECK OUT
- Fill in shipping and billing information
- Select Create an Account
- Save login information (email address, password) for faster checkout on future purchases
It is not necessary to create an account on the Meenta Marketplace to place an order.
Please note, the account on the Marketplace to purchase testing is not the same account you will use for Testing. If you purchase a Lucira All-In-One, please create an account on testing.meenta.io. You can use the same email address as your Marketplace account. You will need this account to access results. If you are testing through your workplace, you will receive an email with instructions.
Sign up at https://testing.meenta.io/register. You must create an account on the Meenta Testing portal to activate tests and access results. This is separate from your Meenta Marketplace account, though you can use the same email.
All customers over the age of 18 must create their own Testing account with individual login credentials (email address, DOB, etc) and complete the required patient forms. Minors under 18 may complete testing under their guardian’s account.
Once logged into your account, you can activate test kits, complete patient forms, and access test results.
If you are an individual who purchased a Lucira All-In-One test kit, to access your test you can:
- scan the QR code on your test kit, or
- go to testing.meenta.io/activate and enter your activation code (LU + eight digits)
If you were assigned a test by your employer, you can access it with your Meenta Testing App. Follow the email invite link, or go directly to your Meenta Testing portal. Please ensure you are using the same email address that your employer used to send you the invite.
We recommend using Google Chrome as your internet browser when using the Meenta Platform.
- “User enters invalid barcode”: Invalid barcode. Please double check your activation sticker.
- “User already activated given code”: You have already activated this test! Please go to testing.meenta.io to continue testing or use a new activation code.
- “Different user already claimed given code”: This test has already been claimed by another user. Please double check your activation sticker.
If you continue to have trouble with your activation code, or if your error message is not listed here, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Yes. Most FDA-approved voluntary COVID-19 tests are now covered by private insurance. Each individual can receive insurance coverage for eight tests per month, and when directed to test by a healthcare professional. To receive reimbursement, you must first pay out of pocket and submit your receipt to your insurance company for reimbursement.
For more information, please read the HHS announcement on what is covered by private insurance.
For insurance coverage of other clinical diagnostic tests on the Meenta Marketplace, each insurance company covers testing differently. Coverage varies based on the company and your individual plan, so please contact your insurance provider for specific tests.
Yes, Lucira All In One tests are approved for minors 2+ years old. Minors 14 and older may self-collect. Minors aged 2-13 require clinician supervision, which Meenta can provide upon request.
- If your child is a minor, they will require guardian consent to complete their test forms. These can be filled out within the guardian’s Meenta Testing account.
- If your child is under 13, you need a supervised collection by a clinical provider.
- If your child is over 18, they must create their own account and activate/administer their own test.
For international travel, we recommend contacting the embassy of the country you are traveling to for current travel requirements. Each country differs, and rules can change over time. Should you require a PDF report for travel, here is a list of products we recommend.
If the country that you are planning to visit requires a report, in general we recommend the Lucira All-In-One. However, each country has different requirements, so please make sure that you check your country’s specific requirements to ensure you order the correct test.
- Lucira Check It is offered with the LUCI PASS app. This test is considered Over-The-Counter (OTC) testing, and is used for surveillance. LUCI PASS provides verification of your at-home results, and is maintained by Lucira, not Meenta.
- Lucira All-In-One is considered Point-Of-Care (POC) testing, and has medical oversight through Meenta’s Medical Director. This test generates a clinician-reviewed PDF report that is good for travel to many (although not all) destinations. Once you place an order for this test on our website, you would then create an account on our testing platform. After completing those steps, you will use your Meenta Testing account to upload a photo of your result. Once uploaded, our Clinical Team reviews your test and provides a PDF report.
Our Clinical Team reviews Lucira All-In-One tests uploaded throughout the business day, and the PDF reports are posted once our Team reviews the test. Additionally, we do review tests on weekends and holidays. Depending on what day and time they are uploaded (for example, if uploaded overnight EST), it may take up to 12 hours to receive your PDF report, so please plan accordingly.
If this happens, your results are invalid. Here are some common reasons that cause this to happen:
- Batteries inserted into the device too early. Do not insert batteries until you are just about to start the test.
- Device moved while the test is in progress. Do not disturb the device while the test is in progress.
- Not enough specimen on the swab. Rotate swab 5 times in each nostril and then 15 times in the sample vial as instructed.
- Device exposed to excessive heat or cold before use. Device is stable during typical shipping conditions, but prolonged storage outside of 59-86ºF may affect chemicals in the device.
If all the lights on the Lucira test cartridge turn on, it means your test was invalid. This can be caused by a variety of issues, including moving the device while the test was running, putting the batteries in too early, storing the test at an extreme temperature, as well as other issues.
Lucira may offer to replace invalid tests, so we recommend reaching out to them directly. We are a reseller of this product and want to ensure that you receive the proper support needed to resolve this issue.
Lucira Customer Support can be reached at:
1-888-582-4724 M-F 6:00am-8:00pm PT and
S-S 6:00am-3:00pm PT
Or, directly contact them: https://www.lucirahealth.com/contact-us/
Please use Google Chrome.
While it varies by the choice of integration (SFTP, API, other), with our new lab portal, an engaged lab can expect to onboard in <30 days.
The Meenta Marketplace is built to sell products to the audience that each test is approved and intended for.
Turn around time for a sequencing only order is 12 days from library acceptance. If your project includes library construction, there will be added time based on the number of samples and the type of library.
In most cases, yes. Please contact us for details.
In many (but not all) cases, yes. To do this, you will need to make arrangements with the host. As a user, you are responsible for shipping costs to have the samples returned.
The host will run your samples as soon as they are able. For sequencing prepared libraries only, it will be within 12 days.
You ship your samples as soon as the host agrees to accept your project.
Please contact us at email@example.com. We will do everything in our power to correct the situation.
If you have selected a specific run date and your samples do not arrive in time, you may forfeit the spot. Otherwise, the project will proceed when you do send samples.
You must be registered with a validated payment method before you place an order. A credit card or purchase order can be set up in minutes. Purchase orders should be addressed to; Meenta, Inc. 55 Court Street, Floor 2 Boston, MA 0108. If you have any problems with a payment in your profile, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Samples are sent to the address provided by the host by whichever method you prefer (FedEx, USPS etc.).
Most hosts will perform this, some may require it.
Most will do this, some require it.
The host designates its sample submission criteria in its site profile. These will be visible to you as the user during your sample submission process. A host may also elect to accept your samples “at-risk” which would not be covered by the Meenta rerun guarantee.
Yes, the host can cancel/reject:
- for any reason within 48 hours of the booking request
- when your samples don’t meet incoming sample QC
- if you have track record of submitting low quality samples.
Yes. You can cancel it without any cost within 48 hours of the order. After that time, you would be liable for any processing costs incurred by the host.
Different hosts have different requirements. Please look at any individual host or contact us for specifics.
Each host has specific requirements depending on instrumentation. Please reach out to us for specifics.
- An online platform made up of a marketplace to sell your products (similar to AirBnB or Amazon), and software to deliver your services to business customers and individual consumers.
- A unified team of marketing, sales, customer success and support, and also software developers and engineers, make the onboarding process smooth. Our team, with extensive experience in the life sciences industry, all work together to increase your product visibility, brand awareness, and ultimately your revenue.
- A community of customers that are consumers who value technology, innovation, convenience, transparency, and customer care.
- An innovative, frictionless and free sales channel that owns your customer experience, including your most difficult customers. We can transform manual, paper-based order forms and results processes into digital custom forms. Not to mention, removing your biggest customer support headaches.
Meenta is NOT:
- A lab, since we do not own any lab space.
- A direct consumer of your product, so you will need to list your product on the Meenta Marketplace before you see demand increase for it.
- Your competition, since we win when you win. We see all of our labs as partners and we treat them as such.
The Meenta platform commonly uses CSV, PDF, HL7 and all common genomics format files, although we work with others on an as-needed basis.
You can become a host if you own or lease an instrument at an accredited academic institution or a commercial entity in a good standing and willing to accept samples.
Yes there is a way to have other staff members able to view instruments and bookings.
Our Terms and Conditions require Meenta to pay the host for all the services rendered.
The requirements of your sample submission including QC are part of the set up of your instrument account.
There are no penalties if the host cancels any booking within the first 48 hours of an order. After the initial 48 hours, you can cancel up to 3 orders every 6 months. If you cancel more than 3 orders within the 6 month period, your account can be deactivated.
Hosts will be paid within 30 days of the project being completed, Meenta will make payment to the billing address shown in the profile.
When you go to your lab profile, select the Summary tab and click the Change Instrument Status button at the top right of the page. Set the toggle to Offline status. You can confirm that the instrument is offline by doing a search.
Use the Instrument Set Up Wizard process in your online account to provision your instrument to be available on a per lane or per flow cell basis.
As a host you determine what quality parameters (if any) you require in order to accept a booking request. Users will see your requirements when they go through the booking and host’s sample submission process and will provide you with any data they may have.