If you have questions, we have answers, just ask us!
Athlete Biomarkers Blood Test Panel with Private Phlebotomy (Blood draw) included !
$423.50 per test
Helps individuals who want to know how their bodies are reacting to training by using the latest genetic techniques because unlike any other Clinical Diagnostics marketplace Meenta offers convenient, unfettered access to validated tests.
Notice: This test must be done in the morning after fasting 12 hours (water is allowed)
Purpose: This test focuses on sports performance from inside the athlete’s body. It will provide information on nutritional deficiencies, injury risk, hydration status, and muscle status.
Benefits: Tests are all focused on the athletic body
- It allows athletes to better focus on their nutrition, hydration, training tolerance, recovery and performance.
- Allows athletes to address deficiencies to improve stamina and performance.
- Indicates specific training insights such as tolerance of frequent high intensity training.
- It indicates competition readiness.
- Indicates if athlete may have an underlying cardiac arrhythmia marker that can be mitigated by medications or supplements or may require further testing or workup
- Sample type: Blood
Turnaround time: 5-7 days from receipt in the lab
By analyzing an athlete’s blood, the athlete and coach can get an in-depth look at how the athlete is responding to training. Things like vitamins and ferritin will directly impact performance while eGRF will give insight into hydration increasing muscle mass and strength (especially lower body strength), increasing the size and number of muscle fibers needed for short bursts of speed and power, and maintaining adequate testosterone levels. Testosterone also impacts bone strength, muscle mass/strength. However, very high levels of Vitamin D can cause muscle weakness and dehydration.1 Overtraining and injury prevention will be assessed by fibrinogen and creatine kinase levels. status. A correct Vitamin D level is especially important for reducing inflammation by lowering blood hs-CRP levels. hs-CRP is an acute phase inflammatory plasma protein synthesized by the liver, it is also becoming more well known that COVID-19 has often led to Long Term COVID and the heart is seen as one of the bigger issues, especially with underlying disease that may not yet be symptomatic. The “high sensitivity” CRP (hs-CRP) test is needed to detect very low levels of CRP (C-response protein that rises in response to inflammation) that may be seen with vascular and/or systemic inflammation.
This test includes the following:
- Total Cholesterol (TC)
- Direct Low Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol (LDL-C)
- High Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol (HDL-C)
- Small Dense LDL Cholesterol (sdLDL-C)
- Triglycerides (TG)
- Lipoprotein(a) (Lp(a))
- Apolipoprotein B (apoB)
- Boston Heart Fatty Acid Balance™ Test
- Boston Heart Cholesterol Balance ® Test
- Vitamin D, 25-OH
- Complete Blood Count with Differential:
- Red blood cells, White blood cells, Platelets, Hemoglobin, Hematocrit, Mean corpuscular volume (MCV)
- Complete Metabolic Panel
- Albumin, Alanine aminotransferase (ALT), Alkaline Phosphatase, Aspartate, aminotransferase (AST), Blood urea nitrogen (BUN), Calcium, Carbon dioxide (Bicarbonate), CK,Chloride Creatinine with estimated GFR, Potassium, Sodium, Total bilirubin, Total protein, Albumin/Globulin Ratio (calculated), BUN/Creatinine Ratio (calculated), Globulin (calculated), Uric Acid,
- High Sensitivity C-Reactive Protein (hs-CRP), LpPLA2, Fibrinogen
- HOMA-IR with Beta Cell Function and Risk Index (includes Insulin and Glucose), HbA1c
- Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10)
How does the phlebotomy (Blood Draw) work?
The phlebotomist will come to you at a time and place of your choice within the United States.
- For this test you must be fasting (no food or drink except water) for eight hours.
- This test will be scheduled Mon-Thurs from 8am – 6pm EST (Mon-Weds in Hawaii).
- Please remove the ice gel packs from the kit and freeze for at least 8 hours before your test.
- Do not freeze anything else in the kit box.
- Please fill out enclosed Lifestyle Questionnaire and read the other instructions so you’re ready for the test.
- For tests with Phlebotomy on same person: Save $150 on 2 panels, $300 on 3 and >3 please call customer service.
What is included in my sample collection kit?
Included in your kit is:
- Cardboard box
- Styrofoam insulated cooler and two ice/gel packs
- You must take out the ice/gel packs and freeze them for at least 8 hours before your test can be done.
- Collection tubes, biohazard bags (do not freeze)
- Paperwork (order form) and instructions (Please fill out enclosed Lifestyle Questionnaire and read instructions so ready for the test.)
How do I interpret my results?
Each results report comes with a custom interpretation based on your profile, and a document indicating lifestyle changes recommended as a result. It is recommended that if there are any abnormal findings you discuss them with a primary care physician.
Why look at inflammatory markers:
It is also becoming more well known that COVID-19 has often led to Long Term COVID and the heart is seen as one of the bigger issues, especially with underlying disease that may not yet be symptomatic. Inflammatory tests can look at larger issues of health and Lifestyle changes and supplements can correct these markers.
- hs-CRP (high-sensitivity C-reactive protein): A protein produced in response to inflammation and excessive deposits
- of cholesterol and fat in the liver and other tissues. High levels can predict cardiovascular events. hs-CRP is useful in determining how well a patient is responding to lifestyle change and statin treatment.
- LpPLA2 (lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2): LAn enzyme made by white blood cells in response to plaque in the artery walls. LpPLA2 levels reflect the overall atherosclerotic burden and risk of CVD events.
- Fibrinogen: A protein that is important for blood clotting. High levels are associated with an increased risk of cardiovascular disease.
Blood draw (phlebotomist sent to you)
- Credit Card
- HSA Card
- PO Number
Note: These products and services are not returnable. Check your kit expiration date upon receipt. Using expired test kits is not recommended because they may provide inaccurate results.