If you have questions, we have answers, just ask us!
HomeDNA™ Skin Care
$110.00 per test
Unlock your skin’s potential by understanding its genetics, and use information from your DNA to help your skin look younger longer.
Take the guesswork out of caring for your skin!
HomeDNA Skin Care is a science-based DNA test that identifies your skin’s genetic potential in seven key areas: Collagen Quality, Skin Elasticity, Fine Lines & Wrinkles, Sun Protection, Pigmentation, Skin Antioxidants, and Skin Sensitivity. Simply take the easy, at-home test and in just a few weeks you will receive a comprehensive genetic report from the lab that gives you personalized recommendations—based on your unique DNA—for the most effective topical ingredients, supplement ingredients, and professional treatments.
You collect your own DNA samples quickly and easily at home using simple cheek swabs, send them back to us, and we do the rest. With this scientifically-based analysis, specific genes connected to the most common irritants are analyzed in our accredited lab. Results of your test are posted to your secure online account just 6 weeks after testing begins, so you get your answers fast!
Results include your genetic predisposition for sensitivity to:
- Gluten—Gluten is a protein in wheat, barley, and rye. Humans do not have the enzymes to break down gluten, leaving tiny particles in the digestive tract that may cause sensitivities for certain individuals
- Lactose—Lactose is a sugar found in animal-sourced milk and dairy products. Certain genetic markers may make it more likely to have difficulty digesting foods containing lactose
- Cow Milk Protein—Milk is made up of water, fat, lactose, minerals, and protein. Sensitivity to milk protein is not the same as lactose sensitivity, but it is one of the most common ones for children
- Egg—Egg sensitivities are very common, and many people are sensitive to the white part, called albumin, versus the yolk
- Peanut—Peanut sensitivity is extremely common and is often passed down through generations
- Other Foods—Many people are sensitive to other foods that are different from the ones included elsewhere in this test; they may include tree nuts, soy, corn, yeast, fish, and shellfish
- Pet Dander—Pet dander consists of tiny particles of skin shed from animals that have hair, fur, or feathers. Certain genetic markers may make an individual more sensitive to contact with dander
- Histamine—Histamine is a natural compound that may be found in foods that are aged and fermented, red wine, and more. Some people have an inability to break down excess histamine, which can cause sensitivities
In addition to giving conclusions about your sensitivity to individual irritants, the report also provides comprehensive and detailed diet, lifestyle, and supplement tips based on your results, so you can start making proactive changes right away.
Do you have an example report that I can look at?
Do you have cheek swab instructions?
How long does it take to get results?
- Just 6 weeks from receipt of samples at the lab.
You can share this test with your friends on Twitter by clicking here.
Which type of sample is collected for this test?
- This is a self-collected, at-home cheek swab test.
What will be in the kit when it arrives?
- Easy-to-follow instructions
- Cheek swabs for DNA collection
- Postage-paid envelope for returning samples to the lab (U.S. customers only)
What should I do when I get my results?
When you receive your DNA test results, we recommend reviewing them with your doctor to understand what, if any, lifestyle changes you should make to help you achieve and maintain a healthy weight. This test can supplement your knowledge of your body to help maintain optimal weight and make better lifestyle choices that may improve your overall health.
Before attempting any of the recommendations offered within your DNA report, you should consult with a physician (all categories), a licensed professional trainer (exercise category), and/or a dietitian/nutritionist (food/nutrients categories).
- Credit Card
- HSA Card
- PO Number
Note: These products and services are not returnable. Check your kit expiration date upon receipt. Using expired test kits is not recommended because they may provide inaccurate results.