Finding the right test doesn’t have to be overwhelming or expensive. To help you, the Meenta marketplace brings together the widest array of diagnostic products and laboratory services combined with world-class scientific expertise and clinical oversight all in one place. If you have questions, we have answers, just ask us!
Lucira Check It COVID-19 Test Kit
$55.00 per Test Kit
The At-Home Lucira Check It provides PCR quality results in 30 minutes or less. This is the new COVID-19 test you can trust for whenever you need it.
The Lucira Check It COVID-19 Test Kit can detect the virus that causes COVID-19 in a self-collected nasal swab. Similar to a PCR test, this test detects the genetic material of the virus. It was made for one-time use, and is available over-the-counter. It was designed for people with or without symptoms, aged 14 and older, and in children aged 2-13 collected by an adult. This product also includes access to the LUCI Pass software, which allows you to get a report file of your results, and to notify health authorities.
- FDA/EUA: This is the first FDA/EUA authorized single-use home test of this type.
- Accuracy: 98% accurate compared to one of the best PCR tests.
- Fast Results: Results in as fast as 11 minutes for a positive result and 30 minutes for a negative result.
- Easy to Use: Authorized self-collection for individuals aged 14+ and adult collection for children aged 2-13.
- Detects Variants: Able to detect strains originating in Southern California, UK, South African and Brazil.
Want to learn more about picking the right COVID-19 test for you? Read our blog on this topic here. Please browse our variety of other COVID-19 products as well! If you have any questions, you can reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the chat boxes on many of our website pages. We are here to help.
The Lucira Check It COVID-19 Test Kit detects the virus that causes COVID-19 in people with or without symptoms. This Lucira check it COVID test doesn’t need a prescription (over-the-counter), and you can collect your own swab sample without supervision. However, children aged 2-13 need their swab collected by an adult. In addition, This test is like a PCR test in that it detects the genetic material of the virus in a similar manner, but the technology this test uses is called RT-LAMP. Importantly, the LUCI app reports the results of this test to relevant public health authorities in accordance with local, state, and federal requirements.
- This test is only approved for use under the Food and Drug Administration’s Emergency Use Authorization.
- In addition, if you’re interested in learning the details of all of the variants this Lucira test can detect, you can find more information here.
- Also, the extended instructions for using the Lucira Check It COVID-19 test could be useful.
- However, if you still have more questions, there is an extended FAQ document from Lucira here.
Test Results Interpretation
People who test positive for this Lucira Check It COVID test likely have the virus that causes COVID-19 in their nasal swab sample. However, being positive with this test does not necessarily mean that you don’t also have another kind of infection as well. Above all, if you test positive, you should self-isolate and contact your healthcare provider to ask them what to do next.
People who test negative with this test may still have the virus that causes COVID-19. Therefore, people who test negative and still have COVID-19 symptoms should contact their healthcare provider to get follow-up care and possibly a follow-up PCR test.
Want to learn more about picking the perfect COVID-19 test for your situation? Check out our blog on this topic here. Feel free to contact us any time with questions at email@example.com, and we’d be happy to help you out!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you tell me more about Lucira’s PCR quality molecular accuracy?
The Lucira Check It COVID test Kit is a diagnostic test to detect the virus that causes COVID-19. Therefore, the test detects if you have an active infection. However, it does not confirm immunity or detect antibodies. Specifically, it is a molecular test that amplifies the virus’s genetic material while the test is running just like PCR lab tests. Importantly, Lucira’s amplification method provides 98% accuracy compared to one of the highest sensitivity lab PCR tests.
Can this test detect new SARS-CoV-2 variants?
Yes, this Lucira Check It COVID test has been shown to detect the most common variants. Currently, Lucira Health is doing testing to make sure that this Lucira COVID test can detect emerging strains as well. In the meantime, we keep a Technical Brief that lists the new strains that this test can detect.
What’s the shelf life?
Currently, the test kit has a 6-month expiration. Importantly, the FDA requires real time aging studies for this kind of statement. Therefore, Lucira has real time aging studies underway and expect to update the expiration dating every three months.
How many times can I use this test?
Each Lucira Check It COVID test kit is a single-use and comes with everything needed to run 1 COVID-19 test.
Is this test covered by insurance?
We recommend that you reach out to your insurance carrier directly to discuss reimbursement.
Please take a look at the instructions for sample collection for this Lucira Check It COVID test in this video, or this one and in this document. In addition, the CDC also has some very useful instructions for nasal swab collections here.
Important Things to Note:
- During set up, disinfect the surface where you will open the collection kit. Remove and lay out contents of kit. Read instructions before starting specimen collection.
- In addition, Wash hands with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer.
- Importantly, for this test to work properly, it is important you swab BOTH nostrils.
- Remove swab and hold with handle end. Do not set swab down.
- Tilt head back and gently insert swab tip until it is fully inside your/patient nostril and you meet resistance.
- Once swab tip is fully inside nostril, roll the swab 5 times around the inside walls of your nostril. The swab should be touching the walls of the nostril as you rotate.
- Repeat swab step in other nostril.
- Rotate 5x in BOTH nostrils.
- Make sure to roll around inside walls to collect a good sample.
- Adults must swab children ages 2-13 for this Lucira COVID test.
- Credit Card
- Purchase Order