If you have questions, we have answers, just ask us!
Finding the right product doesn’t have to be overwhelming or expensive. To help you, the Meenta marketplace brings together the widest array of diagnostic products and laboratory services combined with world-class scientific expertise and clinical oversight all in one place.
Precision Genetics PGx Express PCR Genetic Test
$325.00 per test
By testing genetic variants, our patient-centric approach optimizes relief and minimizes side effects of ineffective & unnecessary medication treatments.
This product is currently on backorder.
Enter your email below to get notified when this item is back in stock:
Available on backorder
What is Pharmacogenomics (PGx)?
Pharmacogenomics is the study of genetic differences in metabolic pathways which can affect individual responses to drugs, both in terms of therapeutic effect as well as adverse effects.
Why would anyone want PGx testing?
Adverse Drug Reactions, defined as any unexpected or dangerous reaction to a drug; an unwanted effect caused by the administration of a drug; also known as adverse drug event (ADE), adverse effect or adverse event, are on the rise in the US. There are over 100,000 deaths and 2 Million adverse drug events in the US annually. Many of these could be prevented if the physician knew the patient could not tolerate certain medications. PGx testing will allow physicians to understand what medications work, which ones do not work and prescribe medications that work based on the person’s genetics. Physicians are under intense pressure to act responsibly and often conservatively. PGx testing enhances patient outcomes through molecular screening.
This service includes interactive tools to empower patients to utilize their molecular results to address individual risks and treatment pathways based on their unique genetics, demographics, lifestyle, and medical conditions, both now and in the future as they age. Ability to immediately develop individualized treatment and prevention plans. Reduced interaction and efficacy risks while assuring proper therapy. Individualized, additional therapeutic decision support information based on patient’s genetics, drug regimen, indications, demographics, and lifestyle indicators are available.
Why should I consider PGx testing my patients?
Using PGx testing to screen medications before prescribing helps patients avoid drugs they won’t metabolize or process well or at all. A PGx test provides the doctor insights that can help them prescribe the right medication from the beginning. Putting a patient on the right medication can help accelerate the benefits from medications, reduce wasted time and expense on ineffective medications, and possibly even save lives.
The Precision Genetics Mental Health PGx PCR Genetic Test is an LDT, shipping not included.
Who would benefit from PGx testing, and why?
There are many people that can benefit from a PGx test. Anyone taking a medication that can interact with other medications or have an adverse effect based on a person’s genetics is a good candidate for PGx testing. Examples are,
- Polypharmacy patients (those on 4+ meds) – increased potential of adverse reactions due to the drugs interacting
- Patients with cardiovascular disease – the genetic impact on CVD meds is high and can be severe.
- Behavioral health/neurology – the genetic impact on the antidepressants, antipsychotics, and anxiolytics is great; it can take upwards of 6-8 weeks just to see the benefit of these meds; if we know which drugs will and won’t work at the start of treatment, we don’t need trial and error treatments in the clinic.
Are the genes in each test customized to the patient details?
Yes, we have many genes that cover medications used by many specialty groups, such as, cardiology, pain, psych/behavioral health/neurology.
What kind of information should I expect to see on the PGx report?
The PG Genetic Response report provides:
- Visual Risk Chart—quickly evaluate the risk factors involved in the patient’s medication regimen
- Risk Details—mitigate alert fatigue by receiving recommendations organized by risk severity
- Genetic Thrombosis Risk Profile—preempt emergencies with indispensable information and clinical guidance from the American College of Medical Genetics
- PGx Medication Summary Table—see which drugs are risky and safe by medical specialty (e.g.
- Cardiology, Pain Management, Psychiatry, Surgical Safety, and Gastroenterology)
- PGx Medication Details—receive personalized dosing recommendations based on the patient’s genetics without the need of a genetic counselor or background in molecular genetics.
How does PGx testing benefit the physician?
- Improve & revolutionize patient care though PGx testing
- Actionable data at the point of care
- Tools to follow medical necessity protocols and track outcomes
- Incorporating personalized medicine techniques is a competitive advantage
- Provides ancillary revenue source for your practice (Precision Genetics LCS Model)
What makes your PGx reporting unique?
No start-up fees; no monthly fees; only per sample costs, customizable to your company.
Does my insurance cover the testing?
Each insurance company covers testing differently. Coverage varies based on the following factors: where the lab is located, private versus federal insurance, and the patients individual plan.
Check out our other pharmacogenomics products, such as this one focused on mental health.
Cheek Swab Collection
Your cheek (buccal) swab collection kit contains all of the appropriate materials and paperwork for sample collection. Please read the instructions below and collect all supplies before proceeding. Incorrect collection may result in delays in processing or recollection. Please have patient refrain from smoking, chewing tobacco, eating, or drinking at least 60 minutes prior to collecting sample. DO NOT touch the flocked end of the swabs
Collection Kit Includes:
- One Cotton Swab (inside of plastic tubes)
- One Plastic Collection Tubes
- Test Requisition Form
- Medication/Supplements & Lifestyle Factor Form
- One Sealable Bio Bag
Sample Collection Instructions:
- Please have patient refrain from smoking, chewing tobacco, eating, or drinking at least 60 minutes prior to collecting samples.
- Briefly rinse the patient’s mouth twice with water and have them spit it out each time. Do not swallow.
- Fill out all required information on the Precision Genetics Test Requisition Form.
- Open the tube and remove the swab being careful not to handle the flocked end.
- Insert the flocked end into the patient’s mouth and rub firmly against the inside of the cheek and underneath lower or upper lip. Rub for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Place swab back into provided plastic tube and close the tube securely. Do not touch the flocked end with your fingers.
- Insert completed Genetic Test Requisition Form, medication/supplements & lifestyle factor form, and provided plastic collection tubes and swabs samples into the sealable bio bags followed by the provided pre paid mailing envelope(s).
- Drop off in a timely manner as directed.
- Credit Card
- HSA Card
- PO Number
Note: These products and services are not returnable. Check your kit expiration date upon receipt. Using expired test kits is not recommended because they may provide inaccurate results.