Finding the right product doesn’t have to be overwhelming or expensive. To help you, the Meenta marketplace brings together the widest array of diagnostic products and laboratory services combined with world-class scientific expertise and clinical oversight all in one place. If you have questions, we have answers, just ask us!
Mirimus Individual COVID-19 Test
$65.00 per test
If you are looking for accessible, simple testing for COVID-19 with saliva samples, consider this test. Whether you are at home or at work, this lab-based test can give you the highly accurate PCR test result you need with a fast turnaround time of 24 hours from when the lab arrives at the lab.
- FDA AUTHORIZED – Kit for self-collection of a saliva sample, with shipping to the laboratory for detection of SARS-CoV-2—the virus that causes COVID-19. This test is not a “rapid” test, results are available after sending to Mirimus Clinica Labs for processing.
- GOLD STANDARD PCR TEST – Mirimus uses what the CDC describes as the current “gold standard” for COVID-19 tests, Real-Time RT-Polymerase Chain Reaction, or PCR. While no method is perfect, the CDC identifies PCR as an accurate way to detect infection.
- CONVENIENT, EASY TO USE – Sample self-collection that is simple, safe, and noninvasive that requires no doctor or nurse.
- FAST RESULTS WITH EXPRESS RETURN SHIPPING – Includes prepaid FedEx next-day shipping to the lab at no additional cost. Drop off your sample at FedEx within 24 hours from collection. Receive results within 24 hours of your sample arriving at the lab.
- TRAVEL COMPLIANT – Meets requirements for testing when traveling within the US (except Hawaii), and when traveling from the US to many international locations. Test result documentation provided.
- FOR ADULTS 18 AND OLDER – This collection kit is for use by individuals 18 years of age and older.
- What is SalivaDirect?
SalivaDirect is a process developed at the Yale School of Public Health to test persons suspected of having COVID-19 for the virus, SARS-CoV-2. SalivaDirect received emergency use authorization (EUA) from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration on Aug. 15, 2020. Yale has designated Mirimus as an authorized laboratory to provide SalivaDirect as a method for individual diagnostic testing.
- Specific: The assay was determined to have a specificity of 94.1%.
- Sensitive: Limit of detection of 1 copy/mL.
- Award-winning: Mirimus Named A Winner in $6M XPRIZE Rapid COVID Testing Competition.
- Capacity: The SalivaClear platform wasused to test more than 265,000 saliva samples from 93 K-12 schools and 18 colleges between August 2020 and January 2021, and they are currently drastically expanding capacity.
- What is your saliva sample collection method?
We use a simple self-collection method that is composed of a 2 mL cryogenic vial and saliva collection aid (straw). The saliva straw fits into a cryogenic vial and the testing individual deposits 1 mL of saliva through the straw into the vial. 1 mL of saliva is required for testing.
- Is a saliva sample stable at room temperature?
Saliva samples are stable at room temperature without any buffer or refrigeration required for storage or transport
Self, saliva collection straw and vial
- Credit Card
- HSA Card
- PO Number
Note: These products and services are not returnable.