Finding the right product doesn’t have to be overwhelming or expensive. To help you, the Meenta marketplace brings together the widest array of diagnostic products and laboratory services combined with world-class scientific expertise and clinical oversight all in one place. If you have questions, we have answers, just ask us!
Mirimus Clinical Labs COVID-19 SalivaClear Pooled Testing
$20.00 per sample (must buy pools of 24)
The most cost-efficient way to test a group of people in areas with a low prevalence of COVID-19 is sample pooling. Pooling—sometimes referred to as pool testing or pooled testing—means combining samples from several people and conducting one laboratory test on the combined pool of samples to detect SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. Mirimus has created a new, high-volume COVID-19 PCR testing product, SalivaClear™, a three-stage surveillance and individual reflex testing strategy to monitor and detect infections in populations by testing people in groups called pools.
IMPORTANT: The detection of SARS-CoV-2 in a pooled sample will incur additional charges for sub-pool and reflex testing. There is no option for purchasing less than an entire pool at this time.
- UNDETECTED Initial Pool Total Cost = $480 ($20/person): Test your population in pools of up to 24 people at regular frequency to detect the presence of infection. Results can be expected 24 hours from when the samples arrive at the lab.
- DETECTED Initial Pool Minimum Cost = $1790 (~$75/person): A detected positive pool is tested in smaller pools of 2 samples to isolate the infection to two people (+12 hours). A positive pool of 2 samples are reflex tested as 2 diagnostic tests to identify the infected individual (+6 hours).
Mirimus uses the Thermo Fisher TaqPath COVID-19 Combo Kit for pool and individual diagnostic testing. It is a fast, highly sensitive multiplex diagnostic solution that contains the assays and controls needed for the real-time PCR detection of RNA from the SARS-CoV-2 virus. Thermo Fisher TaqPath COVID-19 Combo Kit received emergency use authorization (EUA) from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration on March 13, 2020.
- What is SalivaDirect?
SalivaDirect is a process developed at the Yale School of Public Health to test persons suspected of having COVID-19 for the virus, SARS-CoV-2. SalivaDirect received emergency use authorization (EUA) from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration on Aug. 15, 2020. Yale has designated Mirimus as an authorized laboratory to provide SalivaDirect as a method for individual diagnostic testing.
- Specific: The assay was determined to have a specificity of 94.1%.
- Sensitive: Limit of detection of 1 copy/mL.
- Award-winning: Mirimus Named A Winner in $6M XPRIZE Rapid COVID Testing Competition.
- Capacity: The SalivaClear platform wasused to test more than 265,000 saliva samples from 93 K-12 schools and 18 colleges between August 2020 and January 2021, and they are currently drastically expanding capacity.
- What happens if the pooled test result is not detected (presumptively negative)?
If a pool test result is negative, then all the samples can be presumed negative with the single test. In other words, all the people who provided samples can be assumed to test negative for SARS-CoV-2 infection.
- What happens if a pool test result is detected (positive)?
If a stage 1 pool test detects the presence of SARS-CoV-2 infection, the samples in the pool will be tested in smaller stage 2 subpools of 2 -3 samples. The positive stage 2 sub-pools will then be individually reflex tested as a diagnostic to identify the positive individual.
- What is your saliva sample collection method?
We use a simple self-collection method that is composed of a 2 mL cryogenic vial and saliva collection aid (straw). The saliva straw fits into a cryogenic vial and the testing individual deposits 1 mL of saliva through the straw into the vial. 1 mL of saliva is required for pool testing, subpool testing, and individual diagnostic testing.
- Is a saliva sample stable at room temperature?
Saliva samples are stable at room temperature without any buffer or refrigeration required for storage or transport
Self, saliva collection straw and vial
- Credit Card
- HSA Card
- PO Number
Note: These products and services are not returnable.